1. Users may not use the District’s private network to access material that is profane or obscene
(pornography of any kind), that advocates illegal acts, or that advocates violence or discrimination towards
other people (hate literature).
2. Users may not post personal information on the Internet about themselves or other people. Personal
contact information includes address, telephone, school address, work address, pictures or video bites,
3. Users may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any computer system. This includes attempting to
log in through another person's account or access another person's files. These actions are illegal, even if
only for the purposes of "browsing”, “snooping”, or “electronic discovery”.
4. Users may not deliberately disrupt or harm hardware or systems, interfere with computer or network
performance, interfere with another’s ability to use equipment and systems, or destroy data.
5. Users may not use the District’s private network to engage in illegal acts, such as threatening the safety of
another person, accessing or sharing unauthorized copyrighted music, movies, and other intellectual
6. Users may not utilize peer-to-peer file-sharing applications or execute programs to facilitate the
downloading or exchange of copyrighted or unauthorized music, movies, and other materials.
7. Users may not use the District’s private network to solicit information with the intent of using such
information to cause personal harm or bodily injury to another or others.
8. Users may not post information that could endanger an individual, cause personal damage or a danger of
9. Users may not knowingly or recklessly post false or defamatory information about a person or
10. Users may not intentionally seek information on, obtain copies of, or modify files, other data, or passwords
belonging to other users.
11. Users may not indirectly or directly make connections that create “backdoors” to the District, other
organizations, community groups, etc. that allow unauthorized access to the District’s network.
12. Users may not use obscene, profane, lewd, vulgar, rude, inflammatory, hateful, threatening, or
13. Users may not engage in personal attacks, including prejudicial or discriminatory attacks. Users may not
harass another person. Harassment is persistently acting in a manner that distresses or annoys another
14. Users may not re-post a message that was sent to them privately without permission of the person who
sent them the message.
15. Users may not forward or post chain letters or engage in "spamming". Spamming is sending an annoying
or unnecessary message to a large number of people. Users also must refrain from abusing email
distribution lists. Acts of abuse include, but are not limited to: forwarding non-school/work related emails,
advertising and solicitation.
16. Users may not install software of any kind on district machines. Authorized software will be installed by
authorized personnel only. Users will not install or reproduce unauthorized or unlicensed software on
17. Users may not plagiarize works that they find on the Internet or other resources.
18. Users may not use technology resources and Internet for private business activities or unreasonable
19. Users may not use the District’s private network for political lobbying.
20. Students will not download files unless approved by their teacher.
21. Users may not use any type of internet proxy service or proxy server to bypass district filters.
22. Users may not alter machine configurations or attempt to perform diagnostics or repairs on district
machines. Diagnostics and repairs must be performed by authorized personnel only.