How and When to Register

Posted on 2020/07/13

Online Enrollment and Returning Student Verification Process will open 8:00am on July 20, 2023.

EVERY STUDENT MUST COMPLETE Returning Student Verification Process for 2023-2024 School Year.

Click Here to Enroll Your Child in Hobbs Schools for the FIRST TIME

Click Here to Login to Skyward and complete the Returning Student Verification Process


All students enrolling in the Hobbs Municipal Schools must have the following documents:


          Official Birth Certificate – State Issued (not hospital certificate); 

·         Immunization Records (due to State laws, if immunization records are not available, student(s) will not be enrolled);

.     Parent / Guardian must provide two (2) forms of proof of residence.  (Please see the list of items that will be accepted);

 ·         Information from previous school student(s) attended (phone, address, etc.);

Other Information you may be required to provide:

  ·         If student(s) has guardian(s), you will need to provide guardianship papers, court documents and/or Power of Attorney showing your guardianship to enroll student(s);

·         Court documents providing custody information; parental involvement.


You may go to the website at: and click on the Parent Tab, then on School Zone Assignment on the website page to find out which school zone you reside in.


Children who will be five (5) years old prior to 12:01 a.m. on September 1st, are eligible to attend a kindergarten class in the school zone in which they live.

If previously enrolled during Kindergarten Round-Up, please call to verify attendance of your child (ren).

Due to the high enrollment numbers for Kindergarten students, please remember that if you are unable to enroll your kindergarten student in the school zone in which you reside, the student will automatically be placed at the Kindergarten School, B.T. Washington.  The student will be registered as a student in the school zone in which they reside, but attend B.T. Washington.

  ***Those students unable to attend the school zone in which they reside due to a large enrollment, will be placed on a waiting list in the event an opening becomes available.  Students will be considered for this placement based upon the date, time and number given when student attempted to enroll in their school zone.

 Enrollment and Out-of-Zone Proof of Residence Documentation:

All school locations will use the lists approved below for residency purposes.  Two (2) proofs of residence must be provided for Enrollment and for an Out-of-Zone Request

1)      One must come from  List A and one from List B, or:

2)      Both receipts may come from List A.

3)      Proofs must have the individual and/or spouse’s name on


List A                                                         

Gas Bill
Electric Bill
Water Bill
Cable Bill
Waste Management Bill
Rent Receipt
Mortgage Statement
Property Tax Bill
Lease Agreement
Voter Registration Card
Landline Phone Bill (not cell phone)
Propane Bill
House Closing Documents

List  B  

Cell Phone Bill
Bank Statement
Medicaid Letter
Doctor Bill / Dental Bill / Hospital Bill
Pay Stub
Car Insurance / Registration
Car Payment
Credit Card Statement
Court Documents
Tax Forms
Child Support Letters / Checks
NM Driver's License (Must match current address)             


(Lease Agreement/Rent Receipt – may count as two, IF….utilities are included.  Both must show that utilities are included).

 (Rent Receipt must contain:  Date, Name of Renter, Address, Amount Paid, if Utilities are included and signed by the Landlord).

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.