Hobbs Municipal Schools follows procedures contained in the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act (NMSA 1978, Chapter 14, Article 2) and the New Mexico Attorney General's published compliance guide.
Record Request Guidelines
- Requestors should be specific in describing the records requested.
- Requestors for justifications of actions are not proper requests under law.
- Requests must include the requestor's full name, phone number, and the mailing address where the requested documents will be sent.
How to Submit a Request for Public Records
- Write your request in a letter, an email, or a memo. Include the followed information:
- Your full name
- Your phone number
- The mailing address where the HMS Custodian of Records will send the requested documents
- A specific description of the records requested
2. Deliver your requested by mail to:
Custodian of Public Records
P.O. Box 1030
Hobbs, NM, 88240
Or in person to:
HMS Central Office
1515 E. Sanger
Hobbs, NM, 88240
Or by email to: email@example.com
Or by fax to: 575-433-0140
What to Expect
- Upon receipt of written or electronic Inspection of Public Records request, the HMS Custodian of Records will respond in writing within three calendar days to acknowledge receipt of that request.
- After determining if the requested records exist, and are subject to inspection, copies of the records will be made available for review at the HMS district offices at 1515 E. Sanger. Hobbs, NM 88240.
- Arrangements can be made to have the requests mailed if necessary.
- The district charges 50 cents per page for copies of records. HMS can invoice you when you receive copies