Homecoming Queen Court Announced
Posted on 1800/01/01
A total of 19 Hobbs High School seniors have been nominated for the title of 2014 Homecoming Queen.
The girls will be introduced – along with their escorts – at next Friday’s Homecoming Assembly at beginning at 2:20 p.m. in Tasker Arena. The queen and king will be crowned during half-time ceremonies at Friday night’s football game versus Onate High School.
The nominees are:
- Stevie Brizendine, the daughter of Cari Sesssums. She was nominated by the Yearbook staff and will be escorted by Trey Nelson, the son of Missy and Steve Nelson.
- Anaisa Boynton, the daughter of Robert and Juanita Boynton. In addition to being a section leader in the HHS marching band, she also plays softball and was nominated by the HHS team. She will be escorted by Riley Castleman, the son of Larry and Juhree Castleman.
- Brianna Bueno, the daughter of Pete Bueno and Jessica Hernandez. She is a member of the HHS softball team and Spanish Club and was nominated by the Spanish Club. She will be escorted by Josh Ruiz, the son of Jose and Lorie Ruiz.
- Tiffany Garcia, the daughter of Sarah Hester and Steven Garcia. She is the cheerleader nominee and will be escorted by Alec Smith, the son of Monica and Jackie Flowers.
- Rylea Graham, the daughter of Donnie and Hilary Graham. She is nominated by the football team and will be escorted by Dalton Piwenitzky, the son of Craig and Trish Piwenitzky.
- Jay Hargrove, the daughter of Steve and Cara Hargrove. She is a member of the Color guard, National Honor Society and Art Club. Nominated by the Color guard, she will be escorted by Austin Powers, the son of Doug and Maxine Powers.
- Amanda Harmston, the daughter of John and Ernestine Harmston. She is the swim and diving team nominee and will be escorted by Jeffrey Poe, the son of Jeffrey and Maria Poe.
- Victoria Herrera is the daughter of Juanita Pena and Roberto Serna. She is a section leader in the band, a member of the HHS choir, dance team and Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. A nominee of the theater club, she will be escorted by Hunter Graham, the son of Allison and Chris Graham.
- Bailey Mills is the daughter of Mike and Michelle Mills. She is president of the HHS Student Council, a member of the golf team and National Honor Society. A student council nominee, she will be escorted by Charley Pilkington, the son of Charles and Cami Pilkington.
- Alexis Morales is the daughter of Jose and Fredrica Flores. She is a nominee of the A Cappella Choir and will be escorted by Devon Bustinza, the son of Gabriel and Frances Bustinza.
- Paxton Nikkila is the daughter of Nik and Joyce Nikkila. She is a member of the band, National Honor Society, Student Council and also participates in the “Stop Bullying Speak Up” program. An FFA nominee, she will be escorted by Jordan Flores, the son of Kerry and Adela Mackey and Oscar and Leticia Flores.
- AnnaMarie Pena is the daughter of Jimmy and Anita Richardson. She is president of the southeastern district Student Council, is a section leader for the band, and is a member of student council, National Honor Society, the Art Club and St. Helena Church. An Art Club nominee, she will be escorted by Francisco DelaCruz, the son of Martina and Francisco DelaCruz.
- Ashley Peralta is the daughter of Debbie and Mark Peralta. She is a founding member and captain of the new HHS Dance Team – which nominated her for homecoming queen. She also is a student in the NMJC Early College Program. She will be escorted by Zeke Lucero, the son of Martha and Sal Lucero.
- Schyler Said is the daughter of Kathleen Callaghan and Elias Said. She is a member of the National Honor Society, Student Council and Studio Theatre club. She will be escorted by Anson Castonon, the son of Leticia Mendoza and Omar Castonon.
- Maddy Weiss is the daughter of Michael and Katrina Weiss. She is a member of the HHS National Honor Society, Cowboy Junction Church and HHS marching band – the organization that nominated her for homecoming queen. She will be escorted by David Tackett, son of Donald and Elizabeth Tackett.
- Tariana Yates, the daughter of Lorna Haynes-Yates, is the volleyball nominee. She also is a member of the National Honor Society. She will be escorted by Eric Gilbert, the son of Diane Williams.
- Brittlynn Gray is the daughter of Michelle Gray and Brad Hindman. The student body nominated her. Jordan Black, the son of Chad and Deanna Black, will escort her.
- Bailey Haisten is also a student body nominee. The daughter of Ronnie and Georgianne Simon, she is a member of the National Honor Society and Student Council. She will be escorted by Nathan Smith, the son of Finn and Paula Smith.
- Ashtyn Raulston is the daughter of Bobby and Leah Raulston. A student body nominee, she will be escorted by her brother, Daulton Raulston.